Senior Software Engineer
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Senior Software Engineer within our Accounts & Security team, you will take a leading role in delivering scalable cloud-based applications and services powering one of the world’s leading B2C communications providers.
You will have experience establishing a culture of inclusivity and technical excellence. You will support the Technical Lead and Engineering Manager to mentor and coach engineers to deliver software to a high standard through an agile, collaborative approach.
You will use your experience, passion and pragmatism to inspire and guide the team to achieve its goals and commitments. You will work with the Engineering Manager and Technical Lead to ensure there is always close collaboration across the team structure.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Delivering software to a high standard across our full range of products and services
- Taking part in all stages of the software development lifecycle as part of a close-knit, highly collaborative and continuously improving team
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, planning meetings and retrospectives
- Working closely with the Product Owner to refine requirements into deliverable user stories
- Providing specialist 3rd line technical support to colleagues, both in and out of hours
- Investigating, planning and estimating potential projects and features
- Shaping internal standards and supporting team members in delivering to them
- Technical coaching and mentoring other team members in their work
- Driving a positive experience within the team, and a culture of continuous improvement
- Aligning the engineering team to deliver product features that meet customer outcomes and use data to continuously learn, test and improve the quality and value of features
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager, Technical Lead, Architects and Product Owner
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The job holder will be an exceptional candidate with a proven track record in a similar role. In particular you are required to have:
- Demonstrable experience delivering high quality software within an agile team
- Experience with C#, .NET Core and Angular
- Experience of extreme programming (XP) techniques, values and principles
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience of scalable, cloud-based solutions, preferably using Microsoft Azure
- Experience of designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Creative problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Strong team working skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Empathy and emotional intelligence
- Experience mentoring team members in professional and personal development
- Knowledge of containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Infrastructure as Code scripting using Terraform
- Experience working with distributed international teams
- Exposure to Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
Commify is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information. Personal information submitted as part of the recruitment and selection process will only be used for these purposes. We will retain information for up to 12 months, after which it will be deleted or destroyed.