Senior Data Engineer
WHAT TO EXPECT
Data is at the heart of any business, and this is no different at Commify. What we do helps shape the future of our organisation. You will act as a key member of the Data and BI Team, working directly with various stakeholders from across the business, designing stable and reliable data repositories, proactively monitoring the company’s existing reporting solutions and participating in the design and implementation of the associated data hub, storage and integration environments.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The role holder will be responsible for:
This is an opportunity to work as a “hands on” data engineer, engaging with a variety of stakeholders in engineering teams and the business to deliver business critical solutions. You will collaborate with Architects and Data engineers’ to align to best practice and Commify Data management policy.
Your duties will include:
- Develop capabilities based on best practices for our Azure Data Warehouse – payload design, logical data modelling, implementation, metadata and testing standards.
- Proactive cost optimisation of our Data Warehouse, spotting opportunities to refactor to reduce the cost of our batch jobs
- Building robust data models to support backend data structures
- Supporting the operational functionality, availability, efficiency, backup / recovery and the security of the company’s data technology
- Managing solutions across distributed data centres and data platforms
- Creating and Maintaining all relevant documentation and knowledge bases
- Escalating application problems, documenting and provide software solution
- Streamline integration toolset
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The job holder will be an exceptional candidate with a proven track record in a similar role. In particular you are required to have:
- Experience in working with Big data streaming platforms and event ingestion services.
- Experience using SQL Server and Azure SQL.
- Experience creating fact dimensional data models.
- Data Warehousing and the Azure Event Hub, Azure Data Bricks and Azure Data Factory
- C# programming skills.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- You have experience building robust and reliable data sets requiring a high level of control
- You strive for improvement in your work and that of others, proactively identifying issues and opportunities
- Previously used Tableau, PowerBI or equivalent visualisation tools.
- Experience working within data governance and compliance frameworks.
- Experience/Knowledge of working in an agile environment and experience with an agile environment
- Tableau or Power BI as a visualization tool
- Able to communicate in another language (Spanish, Italian, French, German)
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
Commify is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information. Personal information submitted as part of the recruitment and selection process will only be used for these purposes. We will retain information for up to 12 months, after which it will be deleted or destroyed.