Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will provide hands-on Azure implementation, configuration, and best practice support for key Azure infrastructure projects at Commify.
You will build infrastructure resources such as VM’s and storage, network configurations, and DevOps pipelines to enable our Software Engineering teams to deploy code to an optimised environment.
You will help us on our continuing journey into the Cloud by migrating infrastructure from other platforms into Azure.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Project work on Azure – building and configuring resources, setting up vpn’s from Azure to 3rd parties, configuring DevOps pipelines
- Document existing Apps we have built on Azure infrastructure so operation tasks can be fulfilled by Tech Ops
- Migrate Applications from other platforms to Azure, building the equivalent functionality on Azure infrastructure (CDN, Load balancing, monitoring, code pipelines, Azure Functions)
- Review existing Azure subscriptions and resources for security configuration improvements and recommend / implement changes
- Build Azure Landing Zone (policies, IAM, tagging and monitoring) and migrate resources into it
- Assist on cost saving initiatives e.g. review resource utilisation and suggest alternative sizing or alternative solutions
- Design and implement strong technical solutions on Microsoft Azure utilising IaC and CI/CD techniques such as Terraform and Azure DevOps services
- Provide feedback / peer review on designs produced by colleagues in Azure
- Coach members of the Infrastructure Team who have less experience in Azure
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The job holder will be an exceptional candidate, with a proven track in a similar role. In particular they are required to have:
- Experience of designing and implementing technical solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Exceptional understanding and knowledge of the fundamental underpinnings of Azure solution design
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux Servers
- Experience delivering projects using Azure DevOps
- Core technology expertise in Microsoft Azure migration, from On-Prem / Cloud to Azure Platform, Azure Database environments, Storage and Networking
- Knowledge and experience with deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Terraform, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes)
- Demonstrate best practice in Azure security architectures
- The ability to communicate complicated subjects to non-technical stakeholders
- Azure Administrator certification
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
Commify is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information. Personal information submitted as part of the recruitment and selection process will only be used for these purposes. We will retain information for up to 12 months, after which it will be deleted or destroyed.